Version 1.2 Arrives
Version 1.2 is now ready and its main claim to minor fame is the introduction of an iterator tool.
Because of its array and matrix handling, combined with its solvers and optimizer, I thought an iterator would not be needed in Math Minion. However there are still situations, such as case studies, where it can be useful. This could be faked before with the ODE Solver, but this new object is much simpler and more appropriate for the task. You can kind of think of it as a sort of “for loop” for the minion.
Other changes for version 1.2 include:
- New “and” and “or” functions, which prove to be very handy.
- Fixed a bug where non-ascii characters in notes etc., could cause a crash.
- A particularly devious bug that was causing rare crashes was cornered and squashed.
- Added the formulas of recorded values to the ODE report.
- When the calculation status view is visible, equation solver updates are now only updated every second. This is also the case for the new iterator object.
- Some minor polishing here and there, including some additions to the Getting Started case.